SPONSORED RESIDENTIAL PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS
- You must be at least 21 years of age. This requirement applies to both Residential Sponsor and Direct Support Professional (DSP) that are employed by the sponsor.
- You must have obtained a High School Diploma or G.E.D. This requirement applies to both Residential Sponsor and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) that are employed by the sponsor.
- You and all adults (age 18 & over) who reside full- or part-time in your home must meet Criminal Background Check requirements. Jerolin Management Services (JMS) will conduct checks with the FBI, Virginia State Police, Department of Social Services / Child Protective Services Central Registry, and with the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. There are certain barrier crimes that prohibit the convicted offender from certification with any agency licensed by DBHDS (Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services). Before you apply, please research the list of "Barrier Crimes" to determine whether or not you qualify for certification. If there is another adult residing full- or part-time in your home who has an offense from this "Barrier Crime" list on their record, your application would be rejected for certification as a Sponsor because of that individual's record. The list of "Barrier Crimes" would prohibit you from becoming a sponsor or residential specialist may be assessed by clicking here. Further information about each of the crimes listed may be obtained by entering the section number on the "Code of Virginia" website. Click here for "Code of Virginia" If you are unsure of the exact name of the offense as it was recorded in the disposition of your charge, please contact the court where your case was processed and collect that information. You will need the exact name of the offense in order to research the "Barrier Crimes" and "Code of Virginia" links to determine your eligibility.
- Both Sponsor and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) that are employed by the sponsor must obtain or allow Jerolin Management Services to obtain a driving record report from the Department of Motor Vehicle. The results of the driving record can not have a score of less than -6 points.
- Both Sponsor and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) that are employed by the sponsor, as well as members of sponsor households, must have a Tuberculosis (PPD) test (or screening) done in order to be certified. Results must be dated within six months of certification unless continuous employment with another DBHDS licensed agency is established, in which case an older TB test result is acceptable. The family members of Direct Support Professional (DSP) applicants are not required to have the test.
- A copy of the Declarations Page(s) of Home (or Renter's) and Automobile Insurance policies will be required as part of your development. Sponsor candidates must submit documentation related to both types of insurance; Direct Support Professional (DSP) candidates must only submit documentation related to Auto Insurance.
- Start-Up costs e.g. purchase of a computer and other office electronics; desk; chairs; filing cabinets; etc. are provided by the Sponsor candidate. Direct Support Professional (DSP) candidates are not required to incur these start-up costs.
- Training costs for the pending/existing sponsor(s) and the Direct Support Professionals (DSP) that are employed by the sponsor are the responsibility of the Sponsor requesting certification whether provided by JMS or another company with the exception of Documentation and Human Rights trainings provided by JMS Training staff which are provided at not cost.
- For further information about these minimum requirements please contact Jerolin Management Services.
If you meet all of the preceding minimum requirements, which are prerequisite to our acceptance of your Application, please proceed to the Sponsor Application page.
I confirm that I meet the minimum age requirement
for certification as a Jerolin Certified Residential Sponsor as stated on the requirements page.
I confirm that I will only hire Direct Support Professionals that meet the minimum age requirement for certification as a Jerolin Certified Residential Sponsor as stated on the requirements page. I confirm that I am able to document access to a line of credit in the amount necessary for certification as a Jerolin Certified Residential Sponsor. Credit Eligibility.
I confirm that I am able to meet the minimum requirement
related to tuberculosis testing
for certification as a Jerolin Certified Residential Sponsor.
If I am applying for the
position of Residential Sponsor, all members of my household (no matter
what their ages)
are able to meet this
requirement as well.
I confirm that I am able to meet the minimum insurance requirement for certification as a Jerolin Certified Residential Sponsor